5 Star Airduct Cleaning
1. Why is it important to maintain clean air ducts?
The need for duct cleaning arises because during the operation of the HVAC system dirt, dust, debris, allergens and other particles build up in the air ducts over time which may adversely effect the indoor environment and performance of your HVAC system.
2. How long will it take to clean out my air duct system?
It typically takes 2 technicians 2.5-4 hours to clean a standard size home. (2000-2500 square ft.)
3. How often should I have my air duct system cleaned?
We recommend cleaning every 3-5 years. If someone in the household has asthma, allergies, or respiratory concerns, it can be more frequent.
4. Will cleaning out my air duct system create a mess in my house? A friend had it done and said that after the company left, “Dirt blew out of all their vents when the furnace turned back on.”
It is important to hire a company the will clean the “entire system”. Our cleaning method is labor intense and each system is thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to restarting your system so we have never had a problem with “dirt blowing out the vents” after a cleaning. There is no mess left on the completion of the job.
5. How do you clean an air duct system?
For best results, Duct Clean Corporation prefers to employ the use of brushing and contact cleaning, whenever possible. The results are excellent and the cleaning methods we use will not damage components or negatively alter the integrity of a properly installed air duct system.
6. Are there different methods of cleaning an air duct system?
The three most popular methods are vacuuming, rotary brushing and air sweeping.